Wednesday 20th November
- French 9:00am – 10:00am
- Social Subjects 1:20pm – 2:20pm
Thursday 21st November
- Drama 9:50am – 10:30am
- Music 10:55am – 11:35am
- English 1:20pm – 2.20pm
There will be some assessments and practical exams completed in class time. Your teacher will inform you of what you will be doing and when these will take place.
- When you are not in an exam you will follow your normal timetable, bring all necessary equipment (books, jotters, PE kit etc).
- Register as normal each period then report to the exam room.
- Check the seating plan before entering the exam room.
- Leave bags and jackets at the side of the exam room.
- Ensure you have the necessary equipment; pens, pencils, ruler, rubbers, calculators etc.
- Ensure all electronic devices including mobiles are switched off and away from your desk.
S4 pupils have been given the following options for Work Experience:
1. February 10th to 15th. This option is during the February weekend and will therefore have less impact on teaching & learning as pupils will miss less timetabled classes.
2. During Study Leave (the entire month of May). Pupils can decide to undertake work experience prior, during or after exams depending on their timetable. Click here for 2020 SQA exam calendar.
3. If you are sitting less than one National 5, you will not be entitled to study leave but instead will be part of our S4 “Skills for Life and Work Programme”. This takes place in Forgewood Community Centre over 5 days, where pupils gain qualifications and are assisted into a placement.
Download & Print: Work Experience Form 2019
This form MUST be completed by your employer and returned to Mr Clarke prior to your work placement.
Section (6) of the document requires a copy of the companies ‘Employers Liability Insurance’ which is required for North Lanarkshire Council to process.
Step 1: Complete form. You can download it here or pick up a copy from the school.
Step 2: Take to Dalziel House (with proof of income or benefit)
Step 3: Use your card in the dinner hall or snack van (£2.15 per day)
For more info of free school meals and clothing grants click here
Unfortunately due to the school being used as a polling station for the election we are unable to go ahead this year with our Christmas concert.
We are all extremely disappointed as rehearsals have been going well and this is always a highlight in our school year. We did look at the possibility of alternative venues but the logistics of transporting pupils and equipment along with creating rehearsal time at the venue were proving too difficult especially during exam time for pupils. Alternative dates were also considered but not feasible at this busy time of year. We will be looking to see how we can create additional ways of showcasing our young peoples’ talent in the new year.
On Saturday 2nd November the Malawi committee, led by P.E teacher and Malawi co-ordinator, Ms. Young, hosted a very successful race night. The event was well attended with parents and friends of the school raising essential money for such a worthwhile cause.
The S1 basketball team were in action on Wednesday 30th October against Caldervale High School and after a tremendous effort on the court won their match.
Braidhurst’s annual Halloween disco proved to be another great event in the school’s calendar. The event was organised by the senior pupils and ably led by the school captains. The junior pupils thoroughly enjoyed the scary corridor and the spooky games. The seniors took their responsibilities seriously and throughout the night demonstrated initiative to ensure the evening ran smoothly.