Braidhurst Parents’ Group
In October 2015, Braidhurst High Parents Council and PTFA merged to create the new Braidhurst Parents’ Group. The group consists of 11 parent members and 6 co-opted members.
The group organises a wide variety of social and educational meetings, with the broad aim of promoting understanding and co-operation between staff and parents for the benefit of pupils. The Braidhurst Parents’ Group is actively involved in fund-raising activities for the school. All parents are invited to join at the start of each session.
The Parent Forum
As a parent of a child at this school you are automatically a member of the Parent Forum. The Parent Forum is composed of all the parents and carers of children at the school.
As a member of the Parent Forum you can expect to:
- Get information about what your child is learning
- Get information about events and activities at the school
- Get advice/help on how you can support your child’s learning
- Be told about opportunities to be involved in the school
- Have a say in selecting the Parents’ Group to work on behalf of all parents at the school
- Be invited to identify issues for the Parents’ Group to work on with the school.
The Parents’ Group’s rights and duties include:
- Supporting the work of the school
- Representing the views of parents
- Consulting with parents and reporting back to the Parent Forum on matters of interest
- Promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils and the wider community
- Taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff
- Receiving reports from the Head Teacher and Education Authority
- Receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses.
Members of the Parents’ Group, on a voluntary basis, may also have an advisory role in decisions on placing requests by parents in respect of those situations where the number of placing requests for a particular school or for a particular stage in a particular school exceeds the number of places available.
Members of the Braidhurst Parents’ Group are:
- Mrs C Wright (Chairperson)
- Mr D Clark (Vice Chairperson)
- Mrs W Clark (Secretary/Clerk)
To view the Parents group constitution CLICK HERE
Parent Council Minutes