In Gourock Primary, we strive to provide the highest quality learning and teaching experiences to ensure that all children care about the world they live in and learn and develop the full range of skills to be citizens of the 21st century. The School’s learning philosophy rests on the key vision principles of Building Learning Capacity, Collaborating and Making Meaning. Developing each learner holistically is critical in creating curious individuals who think and relate well to others. A Gourock Primary Learner perseveres, is engaged, motivated, creative, responsible and effective.
Children, staff and parents have an excellent understanding of the school’s values which reflect the principles on which we base all our decisions and use them to influence day-to-day practice.
- To provide a nurturing environment for all pupils to feel safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included.
- To provide a curriculum which is challenging, has breadth, depth, relevance coherence and is fun and enjoyable.
- To work together with parents and partners to provide high quality learning experiences for all pupils to achieve and attain.
- To encourage effective contributors with enterprising attitudes, resilience and independent skills capable of positively impacting on the communities in which they live.
- To provide a stimulating environment and opportunities for staff and pupils in leadership and teamwork.
Gourock Primary School is committed to delivering on its core business of ‘learning’ and is thrilled with the achievement gains to date. We are committed to building the necessary knowledge and competencies for pupils to thrive and succeed in learning and life. We have a supportive and active staff, community and partnerships who are open, committed and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that each learner is stretched and experiences fulfilment in learning. Attainment Challenge Funding has focussed on raising attainment in literacy and numeracy across the school including those pupils who may be disadvantaged as a result of the poverty related attainment gap.