Welcome

Welcome to Ardgowan Primary School’s website.  I am extremely proud of the ethos and life of the school and hope this website enables you to have a glimpse into our school life and to keep you up to date with all of the goings on in Ardgowan! Learning and achievement drive everything that we do.  Pupils are encouraged and supported to achieve their potential and to develop skills for life, learning and work.  Our job, in partnership with parents, is to build the foundations for a successful education, to enable each child to discover the joy of learning, to help them to fulfil every aspect of their potential and to encourage their growth into effective citizens, ready to play their part in the world and their community.

I feel enormously privileged to be the Head Teacher of Ardgowan Primary School and to spend my days with such wonderful children and families.  We have high expectations at Ardgowan and I attribute this to the dedication and commitment of our staff and the strong relationship that we nurture between staff, children and their families.

We hope that you will find our website to be both extensive and high quality in its coverage.  No amount of browsing, however, can replace a visit to soak up the wonderful atmosphere of our school.  If you are a prospective parent please contact us to make an appointment for a guided tour.

For further information please contact the school by e-mail or directly by telephone.  We will be pleased to hear from you.

Mrs Emma Picken

Head Teacher

Inverclyde Council Website