What’s your alternative?

Remember – The Easter Service is tomorrow afternoon. You will need sensible shoes and a jacket for walking to and from the CCC

Tomorrow we’ll continue to write our Alternative Fairytales, after spending last week planning our ideas. Roald Dahl’s ‘Revolting Rhymes’ are an excellent way of using humour and rhyme to grab the reader’s attention.

Last week we saw how Little Red Riding Hood dealt with the wolf. See what happens to the wolf in the Three Little Pigs. Think about how Roald Dahl gives each character their own distinct voice. Even written down, you could work out which character was talking.

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5DS2DnsJ04" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /]

Three Little Pigs – Revolting Rhymes – CLICK HERE!

3 thoughts on “What’s your alternative?”

1. I’m looking forward to seeing the Sir Walter Scott projects… congratulations to the winners!

That’s an interesting point about the vowels Amy. Even ‘my’ as a vowel sounds with the ‘I’ (aye) sound. In the English language, avoiding vowels is virtually impossible.

Mr.Cook

2. Today, was my brother’s birthday!!! He was 14.
    Oh, yeh em… Well Done to the hockey team, and the winners for the project (Sir Walter Scott!) Hannah and Koray , Jamie.L. and Jenna and Scott and Rachael .L. You were fantastic! And so was everyone else’s so give yourself a pat on the back! If you can reach!!!

Oh, and, RANDOM FACT: Ah yes you see how words have A,E,I,O and U -vowels- in pretty much every single word???!!! Yeh, well in music (I don’t know why!) I was singing and you know the Easter rock song???!!! – oh happy day, happy day – ? Yeh well I was also looking through the lyrics (obviously!!!) and spotted a word without a single vowel in it!!! And the word was…

My. Yup, you read right! ” My” it wasn’t noticable on the first one but then I saw it on the second one!!! It’s actually a bit weird when you think about it!!!

See you all tomorrow!!!

AMY.B. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ 8) 8) 8)