Mind-mapping!

Red Nose Day/Comic Relief is on Friday; their red nose theme being dinosaurs. Lochardil are doing a ‘Design your own dinosaur’ competition, organised by the Pupil Council. Your homework for Friday is to design and name a new dinosaur.

Well done to those people who had a go at our Fairtrade Challenge last week. The answer Mr Cook was looking for was . . . Drum-roll please . . . Yes, they’re all French speaking places.

Today we developed our ‘Mind-mapping’ skills. We used what we knew about the plot, characters, setting and themes of ‘A Cat in Paris’ to create a mind-map using descriptive WOW words and relevant images. As this was our first attempt we worked in pairs; however next time will try doing this mind-mapping process on our own. We found that a mind-map is an excellent way of showing a snapshot view of a lot of information – a great revision tool which Secondary pupils often use.

See you in the morning,
Mr.Cook, Mrs.MacLeod and Mrs.Prentice

4 thoughts on “Mind-mapping!”

1. hi everyone,
    me and betsy together have raised at least 73.00 but in the pot 39.00 but people still to give money on monday i am so glad it is over i could not have done it for any longer i can’t belive it is about 73.00 we have raised becae we came in on thursday morning with only our mum and dad’s sponcoring us but at lunch we had a full page full and at the end of the day today we had a padge and a half fulled and most people gave 2.00 and taht is exelent but my granny gave me 12.00 and that was most a person had given.

from kirsty and betsy now weare πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ that we can speek it was really hard going πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

2. hi everyone,
    me and betsy have decided to a sponsored silence and so far we have raised 50.00 pounds we will not be speaking tomorrow

3. Thank you for letting us know this Betsy. We’ll let everyone know tomorrow – in case they haven’t seen the blog.

Good luck with your baking!
    Mr.C

4. Hi everyone for Red Nose day I am doing a cake sale on the Saturday from 11:00 -1:00 pm .In Culduthel park just outside my house you can come along if you want to.