Community Development Student @Wallacewell Primary 2024-25

We are delighted to introduce Anna Byatt to our School Community. Anna is from the University of Glasgow and will be working in partnership with us this year to support our local community to identify, understand and act on issues impacting our local community with a focus on – 

• Play & Recreation

• Facilities & Amenities

• Traffic & Parking

• Identity & Belonging

Keep up to date with Anna’s and the schools Community Development work on the Community Development section on our school website.

Hello, my name is Anna Byatt and I am excited to join the Wallacewell Primary School team. I am currently a year 3 student at The University of Glasgow, studying Community Development, which includes both classroom and placement-based learning. This year my placement is here at Wallacewell Primary School.

Throughout the duration of my course I have had the opportunity to experience placements in various sectors, organisations and locations – locally, globally and internationally. So far, as part of my University studies I have visited Belfast, India and this year plan to visit Kentucky to analyse how communities engage in different settings.

I am particularly interested in the educational aspects of Community Development. Education has always been a passion of mine, perhaps influenced from a young age by my Dad who is a primary school teacher, During my placement this year, my main focus will be on enhancing engagement with the school community and surrounding areas to help bring the community to life.

If you have any ideas for improving community connections within the school environment or even just to meet me for a chat, feel free to contact me via email. I am excited about embarking on my journey at Wallacewell Primary School!

Email: AByatt@glow.sch.uk

A bit more about me – I am 23, I love to travel, I have a passion for sport, one of my favourite spots for a walk or run is Hogganfield Loch especially when I get to see the sunset across the water. I enjoy fun outdoor activities, particularly those that involve a bit of a risk! I consider myself a hands-on person, so the practical aspects of placement throughout my course suits my approach. I enjoy exploring the Community Development theories, ideologies and values and putting them into practice, which aligns closely with the educational values and ethos. I am a very sociable person, therefore working with people is the path I wanted to pursue as I have a passion for helping others find their confidence and the tools to empower themselves.

I look forward to meeting everyone and contributing to the Wallacewell Primary School community and improving community links going forward.