Education Scotland’s Learning Blog recent post: Expressive Arts Conversation Day 2

As agreed prior to the initial Expressive Arts Conversation Day that was held in Stirling on 25th November 2013,  for those local authorities who were unable to send representatives to the first event, a second national Expressive Arts Conversation Day will take place at Eden Court Theatre on Friday 28th March, from 9.45 am to 3.45 pm.

The event will have two key purposes:

• to identify and discuss emerging and known issues in relation to expressive arts education with a view to agreeing actions to overcome the challenges associated with these issues
  • to establish a national primary expressive arts community

2 thoughts on “Education Scotland’s Learning Blog recent post: Expressive Arts Conversation Day 2”

1. Although I would not be able to attend this event for logistical reasons, I would very much like to be part of the primary Expressive Arts community in Scotland.

I am currently a Drama Teacher at Crossford P.S. in Fife, and find it incredibly frustrating that Expressive Arts education is generally undervalued. I can hardly ever find CPD opportunities that are pertinent to my job and it feels like Drama, Music and Art & Design specialists in Primary education are becoming extinct. This seems very short-sighted of the powers that be, seeing as these subjects lend themselves so well to the CfE and its focus on higher order and transferable skills. They are also fantastic vehicles for inclusion; thinking about GIRFEC and SfL issues.

Please keep me informed of any future events relating to Arts education, particularly in the Fife and Lothians regions.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Sam Cedermark

2. Hi Sam

Thanks for your comment. If you are a member of the Fife Creative Learning Network you should begin to receive a weekly round up of this blog. If not email KarenM.Taylor@onfife.com to add your name.

Best Wishes

Olivia