The Scottish Civic Trust My Place Photography Competition

What is the My Place Photography Competition?
Now in their ninth year the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Photography Competition is a heritage photographic competition for young people in Scotland of school age. It is aimed at encouraging young people to explore their built environments in a creative way using photography as means of investigation and creative expression.

The My Place Photography Competition is part of Scotland’s contribution to European Heritage Days, and links into the International Heritage Photographic Experience run out of Barcelona and to the Council of Europe.

The awards are supported by the Scottish Government, The Lighthouse and Architecture + Design Scotland
Who can enter?
All young people in Scotland are eligible to enter.
Entrants should be of either primary school age or secondary school age.
Entries should be made by a group leader or teacher on behalf of their students.

All entries are recognised with a certificate and will be placed in an online gallery, displayed in a public exhibition at The Lighthouse, Scotland’s Centre for Design and Architecture.
Two winners will be selected by a panel of judges and these will go on to represent Scotland in a worldwide exhibition and catalogue.

How can you take part?

·         Participation is free, simple and straight forward, guidelines can be found on our website HERE

·         Register your interest by email sct@scottishcivictrust.org.uk or by phone 0141 221 1466

Nominations must be made by 31 January 2014