Creative Partner: Hamespun Tales

sheila.jpg   sheila2.jpg   sheila3.jpg

Sheila Kinninmonth

Interactive storytelling sessions and workshops for all ages!

Visit website here

I have 30 years experience working in Early Years where I used my storytelling skills almost on a daily basis, both to entertain and aid development and learning. Since becoming a full-time professional storyteller I have had experience in delivering storytelling sessions to nursery children up to primary seven. I specialise in Scottish folk and fairytales told in Scots, I can and have delivered stories from all over the world on a wide range of topics. These include stories which highlight the culture and festivals of specific countries, stories which highlight the need to care for the planet and its’ resources, stories which impart knowledge and understanding of the environment and nature, stories which  link with health and well being topics such as healthy eating and dealing with emotions etc, etc, etc.  All my sessions are interactive and involve the audience in some form of participation, from sound effects to singing, taking on roles to contributing ideas. 

I can incorporate story making games to kick start or extend creative writing activities and I have experience of running short, basic storytelling workshops for older children and staff.

I have worked in both nursery and primary schools.  I have performed both indoors and outdoors at Dundee and St Andrews Botanic Gardens, The Big Tent Festival, St Andrews Preservation Trust Museum, Baxter Park & Middleton Woods Community Events, Springfield Gala and for adults at storytelling clubs and the Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh.

Contact:

Sheila Kinninmonth

60 Tom Morris Drive

St Andrews, Fife

01334 474836

07842 131809

Possible CfE Expressive Arts Links

Presentation and Performance- Early/First/Second

Drama-Early

Drama- First

Drama- Second