Children’s writing competition 500 Words returns to Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Radio 2

Click on the image to find out more!

Chris Evans said: “We were overwhelmed last year to be inundated with thousands of truly creative and fantastic entries from nearly 30,000 kids, and in 2012 we need your help to make the competition even bigger than before. To read is good, but to write is even better and dare I say it, can even be more fun.”

One thought on “Children’s writing competition 500 Words returns to Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Radio 2”

1. FLOWER OF LIFE

LIFE IN FAIRY VILLAGE

Fairy village was a pleasant place to live,until the flower
    of life started to die.I am Lila and I will tell you the story further on.Now I will tell you about life in fairy
    in fairy village.Everyday is sunny so there is no need for an umberella.The fairies houses are all sweet smelling roses,inside has enough room for a bed and a closet for clothes.As everyone knows fairies fly about to travel but the best way is by lily pad.There’s a stream that runs from the middle of the village up to Queen Roses kingdom.The whole village is created by the fairies,every stone or stick you see,every tree you see is a part of each fairy.I hope your relaxed because we haven’t even started the story yet.

FLOWER OF LIFE

These are just need to know things about the fairies and the village so lets get started on the flower of life.The flower is basically a magic flower that keeps the fairies alive.If the flower is ill then the fairies would be too.At the moment the flower is very healthy,like most of our flowers,and thats because of Mia.Mia is the owner of the flower and she keeps it healthy.Mias job is to feed the flower with its magic seeds.The flower of life never needs watering because the seeds provide all the vitamins that the flower needs.Well, lets get on to the next chapter.

THE STORY BEGINS

It was a bright day in fairy village,as always,and the whole of the fairies were silent until…
    Millions of gasps filled the air and all the fairies rushed over to the centre.I quickly flew over to see what the fuss was about but then I saw… The flower of life was ill,it was dying.It was odd though none of the fairies were ill.Everyone stopped and stared at Mia, she flew off leaving a trail of tears.I followed.

MIAS SIDE OF THE STORY
    Mia sat there on her bed,crying.She was saying to herself
    “How did this happen,I didn’t do anything”.
    “I know you didn’t,” I said out loud so she could here me over her sobs.
    “I beleive that the flowers magic seeds have lost it’s magic and I’m going to find out why,”I spoke.
    Onto the last chapter now are you ready.

QUEEN ROSE COMES TO HELP

I rushed over to Queen Rose and asked her for help.She agreed.But she didn’t have any magic so we had to hunt for a rare flower.Luckily we found it but it took some time.Finally I flew over to the village and stopped at the flower and carefully placed them on the flower.It finally rose up looking healthy again.All the fairies flew over happily to see the flower rising.
    This is Lila bye.