Article 29-Goals of Education

During Get2gether on the 24th February, we will be discussing our Right of the Fortnight:

Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full.  It must encourage the child’s respect for human rights, as well as respect for their parents, their own and other cultures, and the environment.

Please ask your child how this right is met within New Cumnock Primary School.

Afton Lily Burns Supper 14/2/20

6 members of our school choir came along to the Afton Lily Burns Supper this Friday evening to entertain the locals by performing some of our favourite Scots songs and winning poetry recitals.

A huge well done to our talented youngsters! The audience were thoroughly entertained and made Mrs McNulty and your family members who came to see you extremely proud!

Community Partnership Rich Tasks

This week our P1-3 Community Partnership Rich Task group worked with Tammy from the NCDT to create a New Cumnock quiz for the next edition of the New Cumnock News.

We also discussed the best places in New Cumnock to deliver the next issue of the newspaper to ensure it reaches as many people as possible. Once the latest issue of the paper is printed, our group will be out delivering it locally.

P6 Buddies

Our primary 6 pupils are showing excellent responsibility taking on the role of buddies.  They were asked to complete a short written response to explain “My experience of being a buddy…” and their responses totally blew Mrs Johnstone away. Every single pupil showed compassion, caring, responsibility and enthusiasm towards this very important roll.  Here are some of the comments…

”She is very funny and puts a smile on my face.” (Chailyn)

”I feel responsible being a buddy.” (Euan)

”My experience of being a buddy so far has been so good and Belle always makes my day so much better.” (Kate)

”I feel very happy and am feeling more responsible for myself and looking after Leyton.” (Kieran)

” I love getting to understand them and it lets me know I can be sensible.” (Cameron)

”My buddies have bonded with me so fast.” (Brooke)

Here we are focussing on writing our thoughts about being a buddy.

At New Cumnock We Show Racism The Red Card!

At New Cumnock we feel our core values should be implemented throughout the school effectively. We as a school encourage and celebrate equality at every given opportunity. Primary 6/7 therefore believed that we should educate all of our community about the importance of showing racism the red card.

Please watch our short campaign video as we hope you take these values on board like we are.

ECC Transition – Scottish Afternoon

On Monday, a Scottish Celebration wes held I the school hall and the Early Childhood Centre children were invited over. They were telling me that they had their Burns Supper at the centre. When I asked what they had, the reply was “garlic bread and macaroni” then they told us about “haggis.”

Our 1st place poetry winners from each class performed for the ECC and the school choir sang too. The ECC children sang some songs and one of their pupils said their Scots poem.  A lovely afternoon was had by everyone.

East Ayrshire Council site