Learning Journals

Last session, our infant department piloted online Learning Journals. The feedback from parents/carers on the use of Learning Journals during this trial period was extremely positive.

‘I have really enjoyed using learning journals. Very often when I ask * what he has been doing at school he doesn’t tell me much. However being able to see what he is doing improves this. I am able to ask * about the teachers entry and he engages in discussion with me about what he learned and how much he enjoyed it. * enjoys getting feedback on what we post from home. I’m sure it has given his teacher an insight in to what * is like at home.’

‘I really enjoyed being part of this, with all the current restrictions stopping us from having any face to face contact with teachers this allows us to see some of the things that * has been doing in class. Also allows us at home to feed back to the teacher. Definitely a great thing from my side.’

Due to the success of the pilot, from August 2022, we will be rolling out Learning Journals to all classes at New Cumnock Primary.

What are Learning Journals?

The Learning Journals app allows staff to upload photos and videos of your child’s learning. The system is clear, simple and easy to use for parents, staff and children.

A huge benefit of Learning Journals is that it provides a lasting visual record of a child’s time at school. The profiles can be exported to a printable PDF to be kept forever, as well as having an electronic copy that can be viewed whenever you want.

Learning Journals is a web based service, therefore parents are now able to login and catch up with their child’s progress wherever they are be it home, work or even out and about, by using their smartphones.

Parents can instantly leave comments and feedback ensuring that the school have a strong link with the home.

Please see the image below to view the app you must download from your play/app store.

For further information, please visit the Learning Journals website by clicking the link below.

https://learningjournals.co.uk/resources/parent-guide/?fbclid=IwAR1d3w5VoqsESgbT8cP6NkgP0BBAjx3vmOpWTNr-d-ok7yFbYKbTJg1AtrE