SLC 3 Home Tasks 11/5/20

Good morning!

The sun is shining again as we enter another week of lockdown.  Hope you all had a nice weekend, I will catch up with you all later this week when I phone.  It is so nice to keep in touch and hear everything you have all been doing.  Here are some activities you could try this week :-

Tasks for Week Beginning 11 / 5 / 20
Literacy Numeracy / Maths All my other learning
Word Wall – Your key words this week are that, then, this, there    Practise spelling these daily.  Use the paper from your pack.  I would like you to try:-Flower writing – draw a flower with your word in the middle.  In each petal write a letter from your word.   Hand clap chant – work with an adult or older sibling.  Choose a word and spell it using a hand clap pattern.   Upper and Lower – Write each word out twice, once in lower case and another in capital letters   Rainbow words – Write your words out in pencil.  Next draw around each letter 5 more times using a different coloured pencil.

Phonics / Writing – cr / cl words. Look at the sheet below.  Don’t worry if you don’t have a printer, use the paper you have to rewrite 2 lists a red list for ‘cr’ words and a green list for ‘cl’words.  Try to write a sentence for 5 red words and then 5 green words.   

Reading – Remember the reading bingo challenge I set last week?  Keep going until all the boxes are filled.

Aim for completing at least one book on Bug Club!

Using a story you have read, or listened to, create a comic strip like the example provided.  Think about the main events from the story, concentrating on the beginning, middle and end. 

Place Value – roll the die game, for an extra challenge copy the rules but try out 3 digit numbers (hundreds, tens and units)

Calculations – try to complete these subtraction sums.  If you don’t have a printer, copy them out onto your paper.  Once you have finished, try them again as adding sums.

Money Challenge –

Problem Solving – again don’t worry about having to print this sheet, draw out your own flags on blank paper.

As part of our transport topic I would like you to try to make a boat.  Gather objects / items from in and around your house.  Fill the bath or take a basin / bucket out to the garden if the weather is nice.  Test each item to make sure it floats. Can you use these floating objects to create your boat.  I would love to see photos!

Remember the photo challenge I set last week, keep filling the boxes!  Day 4 was an animal, here’s my animal.  Pixie with the baby goats!

To make your daily walks more fun I found the challenge below.  Get the adults and your siblings involved too.  Make it into a race, who can spot the objects first?

Stay active!  Heres a challenge … make it a family competition.  Practise every day to get better.