On Tuesday 26th January, over 140 parents, friends and family members attended an open afternoon at Springfield Primary School. Miss Wallace (and several pupils) shared a numeracy presentation followed by classroom visits. Partners who supported this event included West Lothian’s Numeracy Development Officers and Linlithgow Academy.
The pupils were super at sharing their learning and explaining Big Maths strategies too! We are so proud of them.
Mrs Tulloch was able to share the work she has been doing with pupils for the Scottish Mathematical Challenge.
Parent session Jan 16 – click this link for the presentation
Link to Big Maths online: http://www.bigmaths.co.uk/
Link to Andrell website for Beat That tests and further information
BMBT Learn Its Tests
Presentation from West Lothian Numeracy Development Officer – Click here: 2016_01_26 Springfield PS Parent Session
Useful numeracy and mathematics apps for the i-pad – click here: Maths Apps
We are delighted to announce our Book Week will take place from Monday 29th February until Friday 4th March 2016. We have lots of exciting events organised for this week including:
- The author Stuart Reid will be starting our week off with a whole school assembly, followed by writing workshops with P4 and P5
- Linlithgow Library will be visiting hosting story telling sessions, Britannica Online and voting for the Scottish Children’s Book Trust Awards
- 7 pupils will be visiting the Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow to participate in the Scottish Chidlren’s Book Awards ceremony
- Dressing up as a book character (Friday 4th March)
- Scholastic Book Fair will be here selling a super range of books
- Mrs Manlove will be hosting special library story telling sessions for all
Further details to follow!
In the new term, P6/7 and P7 will be taking part in an e-twinning project and their study will be ‘Democracy’.
On Friday 4th December, our school was transformed into a Winter Wonderland! There were various stalls offering gifts and goodies from pupils, parents and partners. The morning was a huge success and great fun was had by all. We managed to raise a whopping £1750 for school funds. A huge thank you to our amazing P.T.A. and everyone who contributed and offered support for this event.
At Springfield Primary School and Bonnytoun Nursery, we really value your feedback.
We would be extremely grateful if you could complete the following questionnaire for us by clicking on this link: https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/PIStrategySurvey
In November, we consulted with parents, teachers and pupils to gather feedback on homework.
The results of these surveys can be accessed here:
2015_10_14 Homework survey with analysis
If you would like to offer an idea for us to consult on, please contact us! We really value your input and want to ensure that we are all working together at Springfield and Bonnytoun to be as good as we can all be.