Christmas Cheer in P1B

Our final week before Christmas!! The children in Primary 1 have all worked SO hard this term and I could not be more proud of them. The Nativity was incredible and thank you to all the parents and carers who came a long and supported us all. They really did sing their little hearts out.

This week we have been trying to keep some routine and structure so we did our daily Phonics lessons, consolidating our new sounds x, y and z. We have also had a big push on spelling our common words. We did some Christmas phonics reading and writing activities. We also did some AMAZING writing! We were doing our ‘Trapped in a Snowglobe’ mini project and had to use our imagination to describe what we would see if we were inside. Some of the language we were using really blew me away…….

“Glittering snow”

“Cosy house”

“Deep, crunchy snow”

“big, bare trees”

I could really see this week just how much progress all of the children have made with all of them writing 2 sentences and with support, using capital letters, fingers spaces and full stops. They used their fingers to sound out words and demonstrated a very positive attitude towards their writing.

We then used chalk to create our snow scene and learnt how to blend chalk with our finger. We used our facial expressions and body language to pretend we were scared because we were trapped. The children’s work will be displayed outside our classroom for all to see!

We have also been busy making Christmas cards for our special families. We chose the design we wanted to do and used finger painting to create our picture.

On Thursday we had fun making melting snowmen biscuits and enjoyed getting messy with the icing!

Thank you all so much for your support and kindness this term. I am so grateful and love working with all of the fabulous Primary 1 parents. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy making special memories together! Thank you all so, so much for the generous gifts that have been brought in this week. I am really overwhelmed by your kindness and I feel very lucky!

Be safe and see you all in January!

Mrs McAulay and P1B x