Springfield Gymnasts and Other Achievements…

We have had a week of further pupil successes at Springfield and Bonnytoun. Well done to a host of children from P2 upwards for their recent achievements in gymnastics. Here they all are with their medals.

Here is C in P2 who told me that he was a Sumdog, maths champion for our school last weekend. Well done to you C!  Did you know that you can access Sumdog on your laptops at home and that this motivational website can help to expand your child’s skills and confidence in Numeracy and Maths? Contact your child’s class teacher if you need access to our Sumdog login details.

Here is E, who is also in P2 with piece of writing that she did in Russian. I was most impressed at ther efforts! E’s Mum speaks Russian at home and E can say lots of words and phrases.  We have lots of children in our school and nursery who speak more than one language fluently and we are extremely proud of them. Celebrating cultural diversity is a major priority for us and part of our ‘included’ value.

Also, here are some P7 Girl Guide entrepreneurs who have been making and selling lip balm across school for a Dragon’s Den themed challenge. Well done girls! I can report that the lip balm is very good!

Finally, I must mention our school chess team who took second place at the inter-schools competition last Friday. What a great effort boys!

Miss Baillie xx 💫