P2B’s Victorian Assembly and History Teaching at SPS…

Thank you so much to Mrs Burton and P2B for their wonderful assembly about Victorians. We all really enjoyed seeing the children and Mrs Burton dressed up, singing songs and performing role-plays as they taught us about life in Victorian Britain.

I also enjoyed reading some of the children’s imaginative writing this week which described life as a Victorian child.

Across school (apart from in our upper stages), children are now coming to the end of their history learning for this session. Did you know that we have a whole-school teaching and learning progression for history? This allows all children to develop progressive skills in history and apply these as the learn about different contexts.

Our upper school children will complete their history learning next term, once they have held their two Lion King performances.

I hope that you have all had a lovely weekend, despite the freezing weather. Spring is surely on its way! 🌷

Jack and Victor,  our nursery Guinea Pigs,  have spent a cosy weekend with me getting spoiled!

Love Miss Baillie xx❄️💖 🐹