P6B Snow Day

Happy Snow Day everyone! Today marks the first council school closure due to snow for a long time, so I hope everyone has an enjoyable day ahead of them; whether it be playing in the snow, sledging, building snow sculptures or enjoying family time. I look forward to hearing how P6B pupils spent their snow day!

If the wild weather continues and children are at a loose end below are some examples of what children might chose to do.

-Build a snow design or sculpture, take a photograph of it and bring into school when we return to discuss the design or sculpture

– Enjoy a Fairtrade snack- Since it is Fairtrade Fortnight, it is a perfect excuse to cosy up with a hot chocolate and banana. You could use the Fairtrade website to find out further Fairtrade facts.

– Continue to practice lines, songs and dances for the Lion King production.

-Practise division and money work using BBC bitesize and Woodlands maths websites.  Use a restaurant menu and give yourself a budget for a family of four, go ‘shopping’ and calculate what your change would be.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day and enjoys the snow!

Mrs Hogg