Springfield and Bonnytoun News From This Week…

Hi Folks,

I have decided to combine all of my blog posts into one this week to see how it works… comments are welcome!

We have had another busy week in school and nursery. We have had a few nursery new starts recently and these wee ones have settled in well. We are so proud of them! The children have been making a large ‘turnip’ this week out of paper mache as part of their learning around The Enormous Turnip story. Next week we will be starting to make a turnip patch in the the nursery! Thank you to all of our nursery staff as always, for the quality of care and learning that they provide.

In school we started off the week with our ‘Big Write’ where parents and friends joined us all for a writing lesson.

We had a lovely day on Friday with a super assembly on ‘kindness’ led by P6A. The children and Mrs Matos really touched us all by handing out a variety of small gifts to many of us in the audience including small, hand-sewn hearts. Thank you so much to Mrs Matos for promoting one of our school values in this assembly.

We then had a one minute silence for Poppy Day where we all thought about soldiers who have died fighting for our country.

After that, Mrs Matos lightened the mood around school by undertaking an ice bucket challenge! She is a brave soul who deserves a big cheer.  We all love you Mrs Matos!

Here is A from P4 who came to see me this week with her gymnastics medal. Well done to you!

Next week we have our ‘Liase with the Leadership’ event where you can come along after school and chat with Mr Wells, Mr Logan, Mr Ritchie and myself over a cuppa. It’s a very relaxed affair and you are all most welcome.

Primary 6 and 7 children will begin to start planning and take part in casting for our exciting school show, ‘The Lion King’ which we will be holding next March and our P1-2 children are working hard on their Nativity performance.

I hope that you are all having a lovely weekend whatever you are up to. Have fun!

Love Miss Baillie x💖