P1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 25th March 2022

Good afternoon.

In Literacy we have learned the sounds ‘aw’ and ‘are’. We played ‘aw’ snakes and ladders, ‘are’ roll and read, taught ted how to write ‘aw’, looked for ‘are’ words in a story and word search. In writing we wrote an acrostic poem about our mums.

In Maths we explored subtraction. First of all, we looked at subtraction within 10 then we started to look at subtraction within 20. We used Numicon, number lines, counters and playdough to help us. We found the missing number in subtraction sentences using playdough, got our bus to school by answering subtracting within 10 questions, practised our counting backwards and played Robot Less than on the computers.

We explored the story of the Hungry Caterpillar on Monday. We looked at the different stages in a butterfly’s life cycle, sequenced the story using pictures and learned how to draw a butterfly. This week we have explored Spring. We brainstormed what we knew about spring, played spring bingo, I Spy and created blossom tree paintings. On Friday we had assembly. It was Primary 2/1’s assembly and it was all about Mother’s day. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Jessica- “I liked playing the washing machine game in gym.”

Finlay – “I liked playing at superheroes with the boys in the bricks.”

David – “I liked doing the parachute in the gym hall.”

Matthew- “I liked playing the cat and mouse game.”

Mia – “I was drawing a picture of Miss Maclachlan, me and my brother.”

Leo – “I was building a superhero den in the bricks.”

Emily – “I liked learning about Bees and running in PE.”

Lyla – “I liked making surprise pictures for my mummy.”

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Maclachlan