P1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 4th March 2022

Good afternoon

In Literacy we have learned the long vowel sounds ‘ea’ and ‘oi’ We taught ted how to write ‘ea’ words, looked for ‘ea’ words in a story, played roll and read and ‘oi’ snakes and ladders. We also sorted ‘oi’ words into real and nonsense. For writing we wrote about our everyday heroes. The link to the sway with our completed Superhero Adventures has been posted on Seesaw.

In Maths this week we have continued exploring halving and looked at quarters. We made the missing fractions with our playdough, coloured in shapes to show halves, built doubles towers then halved and quartered them. We also used our rekenreks to explore number bonds to 20.

In our superhero learning we designed vehicles for our superheroes and used kinetic sand to build superhero buildings. We also looked at Fairtrade again this week and designed our own Fairtrade lunches. Thursday was World Book Day and we enjoyed lots of book related activities. We enjoyed listening to MC Grammar’s Reading is Amazing rap and trying to guess the books that he mentioned. We shared our favourite storybook, took part in LVPS presents the Masked Reader where we had to guess which teacher was reading and which story they were reading. It was great fun and we earned lots of house points. Some of us also did a book scavenger hunt, designed our own bookmarks and front covers for our favourite books. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

“My favourite book is Supertato. Evil Pea says what’s that noise?” Leo

“My favourite book is Princess Mirror-Belle and the Dragon Pox. She has chicken pox in the book.” Emma

“I love the story Paper Dolls. I like to colour in and make my own paper dolls.” Jessica

“Little Red Riding Hood is my favourite book. I like the big bad wolf.” Orlaith

“Learning numbers with the little mats.” Ayaat

“Playing with kinetic sand.” Lyla

“I enjoyed writing a sentence.” Aaron

“At gym today we played the bean game and it was very fun!” Gracie

“I enjoyed gym – playing the treasure game.” Mia

“I had fun learning the gymnastics and the letters ee, oi and igh yesterday.” Mitchell

“I liked doing PE and playing treasure you have to run and if your partner touches you have to get the treasure. We also played beans.” Finlay

Have a lovely weekend

Miss Maclachlan