Learning Reflection for W/E 17/09/21

This week in P2 we have been revising words with the ‘oo’ and ‘ar’ sounds. Our common sight words were: like, her, said.

The class enjoyed ‘Talking for Writing’ to describe, The New Boy and The Witches. They followed the structure of descriptive writing to give their talking text a title, introduction, characteristics and an evaluation. They all worked well together to work out their parts and to build their characters descriptions.

For numeracy P2 have been using number lines and continuing with greater than and smaller than. The children have been skip counting in 10’s and 2’s. The Number Talks focus this week has been sharing strategies to solve number sentences.

Highlight of the Week

Sebastian – I played with the engineering set I was building a fishing rod.

Celeb – I enjoyed working with the wood. I was getting screws in. I used a screwdriver and a hammer. I managed to get one and a quarter in. You have to twist the screwdriver around.

Louis – I enjoyed playing in the garden. I was playing dinosaurs with Alexander, Sebastian and Grace.

Jack – I enjoyed playing in the garden. I was playing tig. We were hiding in the bush to make sure it was our den and nobody claimed it!

Alexander – I enjoyed PE. We were playing with the parachute.

Ella – I was playing in the house corner. I was selling food.

Willow – I like reading.

Lily – I liked painting flowers.

Nathan – I made a witch with a bald head and some arms. My witch has no toes and no shoes.

Kyra – I liked reading Sam Sit. Sam didn’t sit on the magic carpet he almost fell in the river. If I had a magic carpet I would go to Disney Land!

Olivia – I enjoyed painting. We were mixing lots of different colours to see what colours we made. When we mixed the blue and red it made purple. Yellow and red made orange and yellow and blue made green.  Red and white made pink!

Thea – I painted nice flowers and nice love hearts.

Oliver – I liked playing at the bench area. Me and Jack found out two pieces connected with a screw.

Josh – we were having races at playtime. Caleb was the referee; he was the one who says who wins!

Georgia – For free play, I was painting. I was painting flowers with a smiley face.