P2/1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 9th October 2020

Good Afternoon. I can’t believe its Friday already and the end of our first term. What a quick term it has been.  This week in Literacy, P1 have learned the sounds ‘u’ and ‘b’ and the tricky word you. We have made a unicorn, a butterfly, taught ted how to write u and b, coloured pictures that begin with b and made words on our magnetic boards. P2 have been revising the aw, au, ir, er and ur sounds. We played snakes and ladders, played roll and read, looked for words in a word search and wrote the words three ways. We also read our reading books.

In Numeracy P1 have continued to explore pattern. We have copied and completed patterns on peg boards, made our own coloured patterns, made patterns with the counting bears, been the actual pattern(boy, girl etc.) and played patterns games. P2 have been learning to add more, find a part and have looked at finding how many left. We have completed part part whole models, worksheets and played Sumdog.

In Health and Wellbeing we explored the story of My Fantastic Elastic Brain. It taught us that we can grow our brains. We can grow our brain by doing things that we have never done before and that we find hard at first. We discussed saying I can’t do it …yet! For IDL, we worked with a partner to create a fact file about an animal. We drew a picture of the animal and found out where it lived, what it ate and about its young.

In Drama, we explored using mime to show our emotions. We worked in a pair and the rest of the class had to guess how we were feeling. In Science with Miss Whigham we were learning about habitats. We looked at how animals adapt depending on where they live.

Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

“I enjoyed completing the word search of ir, er and ur words. I enjoyed finding Miss Maclachlan’s mistake. She had put the word burn in twice. ”

“I found it tricky this week when making the butterfly. I enjoyed finding out the facts about the animals”

“I found creating a pattern with the counting bears easy. I think completing the butterfly was hard.”

“I found creating a beautiful butterfly a bit tricky.”

“I enjoyed doing my sounds word search.”

“I liked playing roll and read with aw or au words.”

“I enjoyed completing the word search.”

Have a lovely holiday.

Miss Maclachlan