P1 Week beginning 2.12.19

Thank you to all the parents who came to our music performance on Wednesday of this week.  It was so lovely for the children to share with you what they have been learning. The children had so much fun working with Dave Trouton on their listening and talking skills, and exploring instruments.

The children have been revising letter sounds this week as we have finished our first set of sounds, next week we begin the first set of complex sounds.

The children made some posters for our Nativity performance next week, here is a sample.

The children orally made up a story this week, which they will write and illustrate in their own books over a few weeks.

In maths they have been adding and subtracting within 10, using a variety of concrete materials, and some quiz questions about odd one out.

The children have been working on their sock snowmen over the last few weeks and this week checked that their eterprise gifts were ready, no snowman had lost an eye or nose before the Christmas fair!  They are excited to have them ready to sell.

Here are some of the children’s comments about their learning:

FW – I liked putting the pom-pom on my snowman.

IG – liked making the sock snowman although it was difficult to tie the scarf round his neck.

PP- the performance with Dave was fun.

SS – I liked playing my instrument.

IG– I was a bit nervous at the music with Dave,  but I’m ok now.  GG – me too.

And RC was so happy to receive her pupil of the week certificate