P2/1 Weekly Learning Reflection week ending 6th December 2019

What a quick but busy week for P2/1!  In Literacy P1 have been revising all of set 1 sounds. We have made words on our magnetic boards, sorted ng and nk words, wrote ch and sh words and played roll and read. In writing, we designed a poster advertising our nativity ‘Fishing for Stars’. P2 learned the ‘tion’ sound. We searched for tion words in a word search, played roll and read and made words on the magnetic boards. In Numeracy this week P1 have started exploring subtraction. We have played dice subtraction, four in a row and completed a worksheet. P2 have been exploring place value using the base 10 materials. We have been partitioning numbers into how many tens and ones. We rolled a double dice, wrote down that number then split it into tens and ones. In Science we have been learning about the constellations. In P.E we continued to practise our dance for our Christmas party. On Wednesday morning we performed the story of the lion and the mouse with Dave. We thoroughly enjoyed performing in front of an audience. We had our Star of the Week circle time. Hamish is our star of the week. Practise for our nativity is continuing and we can’t wait to perform it next week. Our nativity performances are Tuesday 10th at 2.30pm and Wednesday 11th at 10am.  On Friday we went to P4’s assembly. It was all about St Andrew. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Gabriel: “I enjoyed P4’s assembly. I liked the song I am my country.”

Hiba: “I enjoyed P4’s assembly.”

Ch: “I found it tricky learning the ‘tion’ sound.”

Lucas: “I enjoyed making ng and nk words.”

Christian: “I loved the Primary 4 assembly on St Andrew and the song I am my country.”

Olly: “I enjoyed the assembly all about St Andrew. P4 spoke clearly.”

Lucia: “I enjoyed learning about the nk sound.”

Murdo: “I enjoyed learning the new sound ‘tion’.”

Alister: “I enjoyed learning the ‘tion’ sound like Murdo. I liked P4’s assembly. I liked singing the song Welcome Everybody.”