P3 Learning – W.C. 23.9.19

Good afternoon parents and pupils.

Fantastic week P3!

This week in our literacy, we watched a animated short film called ‘The present’. We worked in pairs to think of the different emotions that the boy from the film, dog and how the children felt throughout the film and discussed how emotions can change. The pupils were given the task to write a short story titled ‘The present’. They were able to write about what they thought the story should be about.

In numeracy this week, we have been building our knowledge of addition and subtraction within 100. We were also looking at the relationship between them and how to turn and addition question into a subtraction question.

In our IDL learning, we went outdoors to the trees near the field and collected leaves, fir cones, seeds and sticks. We looked at the differences in the trees and leaves and used a checklist to identify the leaves. We also did bark rubbings in our pairs. On Thursday, we used our collection to create artwork. We used the leaves and fir cones for printing using paint, wax crayon rubbings, chalk rubbings and pencil rubbings.

I asked the pupils today – What have you enjoyed learning about this week?

Pola – I enjoyed writing about ‘The present’ this week.

Arya – I enjoyed using leaves and fir cones and sticks in paint to print.

Lewis – I enjoyed art this week because I loved doing the leaf rubbings.

Nathan – I enjoyed building a new tower with Lewis in our soft start in the mornings.

Alanice – I enjoyed going outside to look at the leaves and picking them up. We looked at the seeds and different leaves.

Poppy – I liked doing the subtraction questions this week and understanding that subtraction and addition are related.

Safia – I liked looking at the different colours of leaves and understanding that the colour changes with the seasons.

Holly – I enjoyed looking at the different trees outside and doing the rubbing on the tree with paper and crayon.

Andrew – I enjoyed writing about my weekend on Monday.

Thank you to the families of P3 for coming in to our curriculum cafe event. So many of the class had someone come into school, I thought it was very successful. I really hope you all enjoyed finding out about your children’s learning so far.

I look forward to meeting you properly at the parents evenings next week.

Mrs Love.