P2/1 Learning Reflection W/E 13th September 2019

P2/1 have had a busy week this week. P1 have been learning the i and n sounds and the tricky word of. We used shaving foam to write our sounds, taught ted how to write the letters, made an iced biscuit and an iguana. P2 have been revising the a-e and i-e sounds. We played roll and read, wrote a-e, i-e words and made words on our magnetic boards. We have begun our topic of houses and homes. We made a list of features of a house and created houses using chalk. P2 have continued to explore numbers using greater than/less than and we looked at ordinal numbers. P1 have counted, written and made 8 or 9. In PE we continued to play games. In Science with Miss Whigham, we took part in a taste experiment. We tasted sour foods such as lemons. We also tasted chocolate, jam and crisps. Have a lovely long weekend. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Murdo: “I found it hard doing our number talks on counting all/counting on.”

Olly: “I found it hard looking for the sounds in the sand.”

H: “I learned how to write the letters i and n.”

G: “We drew houses out of chalk. I enjoyed drawing my house.”

Alister: “I liked using Charlie the crocodile (more than/less than symbols). It was quite hard though.”

Lucas: “I enjoyed learning new letter and finding the letters in the sand.”

Teria: “I enjoyed learning about houses and I enjoyed learning about magic e sounds. I enjoyed science with Miss Whigham.”

Christian: “I enjoyed science with Miss Whigham. We were eating sour foods and chocolate.”