This week in P4

The children have been exploring a new side to fractions, most of the class are confident with fractions of a shape, but were challenged with finding a fraction of a two digit number.  Division is also challenging, and the children had to discover the links to their times tables. Early days as they try to transfer their knowledge to different concepts.

With our class reader we have been exploring the clues  and puzzles the author puts into a mystery story to keep you guessing till the end.

For outside classroom this week we explored how to measure the height of a tree!

P7 Update

Our thoughts on this week…

Kieran – I struggled on percentages , decimals and fractions but now I know how to do them a lot quicker after practising this week.

Brooke – I think that the auditions for this years p7-p6 show went OK for me trying to do a accent was hard for me

Sophie – In maths we are doing percentages, decimals and fractions and from last week I know that I am getting better at it and I feel a lot more confident.

Bobby – Auditioning for the show was really hard especially since I had to go last because I saw how well the others did and was even more nervous than I was before, but I think overall I did OK because I didn’t forget any lines.

Erin – We did auditions this week and I think that I did really good and I hope that I get the part!

Katie – On Wednesday some of us did P6 to P7 show and I was the only one going for Gravel and I think I done really well.    🙂

Miss Marnie and I have been blown away by the talent demonstrated during the auditions for Rock Bottom this week. Well done to everyone who participated, we have a very difficult time ahead, trying to decide on the casting.

Robert Burns projects are due in on Friday 15th. I am very impressed that some pupils have already handed theirs in and they look great.

Have a good weekend everyone, and I look forward to hearing all about it on Monday.

Learning Reflection for W/E 8.02.19

P1 & Ms King

Nicholas – We learned the ee sound it is double!

Kaelan – Learning the ee sound. It has e and e makes ee, it’s mostly in the middle of a word, sheep has ee!

Subhan – We learned tricky word: are!

Austin – We learned the ay sound, may has the ay sound in it.

Solomia – I enjoyed PE, we were climbing!

Roshan – I liked friendly numbers, for 9+5 I moved 1 from 5 to make 9 into 10 then I did 10+4=14.

Sushanth – It was Chinese New year this week. Red is the symbol of luck!

Alister – I love when we do gymnastics, we joined the shapes and jumps. We learned rocket jump and star jump.

Teria – I liked gymnastics we learned dish, star jump and rocket jump. I worked with Poppy to make a routine.

Poppy – We learned songs in music, we did ‘If You’re Happy and You Know It’ and ‘Wind the Bobbin Up’. We listened to the song ‘We Are Family’ it made me feel happy and dancie!!

James – I like doing art because I like painting pictures for my Mummy and Daddy.

Lewis – I liked assembly this week, we were learning about water it’s healthy and you don’t get bad teeth. We should only have water in our bottle not fizzy or juice.

Christian – I got a certificate at assembly, it was to learn sounds!

P2 This Week

P2 have been learning to tell the time with o’clock and 1/2 past. They have worked on balancing simple equations using cubes and pan balances to help them. Mrs Aitken came to visit on Wednesday to help up learn sounds using Vowel House, which was lots of fun. We wrote Friendship Recipes and welcomed Quiet Critters into our classroom. We want them to stay so we are going to work very hard to create a quiet classroom. As it was Chinese New Year this week, we created beautiful Ming vases using paint and pastel. We also had fun watching Aiden’s dad repair the pagoda- thank you!

Well done to Pola for being last week’s star of the week and John who had the privileges this week!

P1 & Ms King

Learning reflection for week ending 1.2.19

L  – I enjoyed the assembly, I helped paint the dragon we had to be careful not to go out the lines.

J – We learned about forces at the science show. I was pulling the boat along.

Cha – I loved learning about Chinese New Year, it will be the year of the pig. Red is a colour of good luck. I learned my lines for assembly.

P – I liked making our lanterns we had to fold them, then cut them, the hard bit was to turn them and glue them.

T – I liked doing the Chinese lanterns, we had to follow the lines then we unfolded it and we turned it around.

Al – I liked when we were floating the balls in the bath some of them floated and some of them sank they were heavy.

Sus – There was red because it is for Chinese New Year because it’s a colour of luck.

R – I leaned my assembly words.

So – I liked Chinese New Year People tidy up to clear away any bad luck.

N – I enjoyed playing the music at assembly, we were making music for the dragon dance.

K – We made lanterns and we wore red for assembly, red is luck!

Su – I learned about Chinese new year.  Children get oranges and coins.

Au – I liked talking at assembly I felt happy.

P1a Learning Reflection W/E 8th February

This week P1 have been learning long vowel sounds. We have learned the sounds ay and ee. We used these sounds to make words on our magnetic boards, taught ted, made real or nonsense words and wrote ay and ee words on a worksheet. We held a sentence in our heads then wrote it down. In writing we worked in pairs to write acrostic poems about winter. In Maths this week we have been learning to read o clock and half past times on both analogue and digital clocks. In art we were starting to recreate Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s iconic rose picture. In science we were looking at what we use water for and the water cycle. In P.E we were learning about team work. We were split into four teams and we had to collect beanbags and toys. The winning team was the team that collected the most toys and bean bags. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Ch: “I found it hard trying to draw the rose.”

Ziva: “I enjoyed learning the ee sound and doing the worksheet.”

Rory: “I found it hard to copy the rose design.”

Leighton: “I found it a bit tricky drawing the rose.”

Ayden: “I found it easy writing the times on the clocks during maths.”

Lois: “I found learning about time hard.”

Euan: “I found it easy writing the ‘ee’ sound.”