This Week in P4

Hi I have been experimenting with some software available on the school glow site, can you let me know if this works?

For our news this week click on the link  ‘Go to this sway’ link below.

This Week In P4
Alexandra has enjoyed the fun fractions (Sandy spotted the alliteration here). Katy liked doing the number line fractions last week too. Euan says he liked doing the Big Maths challenges.
Go to this Sway

This week in P7

P7 were very excited to begin some basic coding with Scratch this week. We were learning what some of the blocks do and having a go at our own simple designs. There are some very creative people. We have learned how to move characters, make them grow and shrink, and disappear. We have also learned how to make a loop so that the actions can be repeated.

I really enjoyed watching my buddy in the P1 assembly about Chinese New Year . they were amazing!- Ben M

I really liked coding on scratch jr, it was my first time ever coding. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. – Ben Y

I liked doing Scratch jr on the iPads with Bobby and we made something fun and we made everyone laugh. – Charlie

This week we got the scripts for the school play and it is really fun practicing with people in the playground- Eleni

This week I really enjoyed football because it was our second week back and my team won every game and I scored one or two goals-Ruari

Please note that there are only 2 weeks left to work on your Robert Burns project. I know that many of you are almost finished – well done for being so organised.

We also have had to change our assembly date from 22 Feb to 3 May as we will be attending the ICHS School of Football festival on 22 Feb.

P1a Learning Reflection W/E 1st February

Friday again! Primary 1 have been working so hard. In science we have been learning about ice melting. We also enjoyed our workshop from Generation Science called Ready Teddy Go! where we learned about the different forces such as friction. We have been learning about the Chinese New Year and preparing for our assembly. We had to learn lines and a song. Thank you for coming to see our assembly. In maths we have been continuing to learn about time. We have learned the types of clock and now know what an analogue clock and digital clock is. We can name hands on an analogue clock. They are called the minute and hour hands. We know that when the minute hand is at the 12 then it is an o clock time. In literacy we have been practising our sounds and tricky words. In writing we wrote a describing sentence about Greyfriars Bobby. In P.E. we were making sequences using 2 shapes, a jump, a balance and a roll. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:
Lois: “I found it hard writing my sentence about Greyfriars Bobby.”
Ch: “I enjoyed our assembly about the Chinese New Year.”
Ziva: ” I enjoyed the Ready Teddy Go workshop and learning about forces.”
Sam: “Like Ziva I enjoyed the Ready Teddy Go workshop.”
Ayden: “I enjoyed our assembly.”
Isaac: “I enjoyed learning my lines for assembly.”
Leighton: “I enjoyed saying my words for assembly.”