P1K Learning Reflection W/E 18.05.18

Directional language

Sophia -Beebots go backwards, left and right and forwards. If you pressed clear it went the way you wanted if you didn’t it would go the way someone else did it.

Maddie – Beebot does forward, left and right and they go backwards. Our team pressed the clear button, nobody did the same I went to the same place that I wanted to go I was looking to see which way I was needing to go.

Emma – we did left and right turns and we were speaking to our group, it kind of went in a big circle and it went a different way when I forgot to press clear.

Maizy – The Beebots do left and right turns and they go where I want them to go by pressing the directions.

Fairy Den

Holly – We made fairy dens, I liked it because I found a feather for the fairies bed.

Emma – I liked making the castle I liked playing in it, we made it with bricks.

A – Our fairy den had a garden we had grass on it and some flowers it was a bit hard but we made a door with sticks and the sides were leaves.

Science Investigation

Poppy – we were trying to see the best way to grow a beanstalk.  Number 1 is in dark and number 2 had light but no water number 3 has light and water. I said I predict that number 3 is going to grow faster than number one and two because it has water and sun it will grow faster.

John – Two of the beanstalks don’t have water I think number 3 will grow because it has water and a bean

Rayyaan – We planted a beanstalk, pot 1 has no water and in the dark, pot 2 has sunlight and no water,  pot 3 has sunlight and water, pot 3 will grow it has things that plants need.

Nathan – We got a treasure chest form the friendly dragon about a beanstalk and Jack and the Beanstalk had a cow. He sold the cow for some beans she threw the beans out the window and the next morning there was a beanstalk there was a giant at the top.  The dragon wanted us to help Jack grow some bean stalks. We planted them and put pot 1 in the dark drawer, pot two has sun and light and no water, pot 3 has water, soil and sunlight.  I predict pot 3 will grow quickest and the best.

Caleb – We helped the friendly dragon and we planted the beanstalks pot 3 has sunlight and water, it will grow faster than pot 1 or pot 2.

Same sound different spelling

This week we have been focusing on same sound different spelling in particular oy/oi and ee/ea.

Jamie – we learned the new oi sound it has an o and an i , coin has that sound. We learned e and a for ea, tea has that sound.

Aakruit – The new ee sound is ea