Calderwood Primary Chronicle: 26/05/23

Clan Changeover Transition Programme 2023 Calderwood Chronicle_26_05_23

Calderwood Commitments (Actions):

Calderwood Calendar: 

• Term 4 Calendar link Updated – updates in yellow
  • East Calder Gala Events
  • 26/05/23 – 09/06/23: C in the Park tickets on sale in iPay. £3 per adult/ child.
  • 29/05/23: Miss Stark, Depute Head Teacher starts
  • 02/06/23: 11:15am: Orkney Clan Calderwood Connects – 2 family members welcome
  • 02/06/23: 12:15pm-12:45pm: Extra Rookie Rock Star Tickets on Sale: Click here for info
  • 06/06/23: 6pm: Parent Council Meeting
  • 07 & 08/06/23: 6:30pm: Rookie Rockstars Concert: Pre Purchased Tickets required
  • 09/06/23: East Calder Gala Day Crowning Ceremony: Glee and Choir to meet at 5:50pm at East Calder Park https://forms.office.com/e/XzzQzZ1cVi
  • 10/06/23: 12:45pm: Grand Gala Parade -Almondell Cemetery Car Park: School and nursery children will walk together, behind our school banner and dress up as a Disney character, we will also have banners available. Children should be accompanied by an adult.

Calderwood Communication: 

• Free School Meals and Clothing Grant Information: Although all children in Primary 1-5 received free school meals, it is important that those families who are entitled to the free school meals grant apply, as this can get free school milk for your child and access to other support, in and out of school The clothing grant application also helps you to receive funding to purchase uniform supplies for your child. The link has more information and our equity champs are more than happy to support you with filling out the forms.
  • Calderwood Chatter in our Cosy Corner is open from 11-12pm every FRIDAY for a cuppa and a friendly chat if you need any advice, support or just a listening ear.
  • Clan Changeover 2023: Transition Information
  • C in the Park information 
  • This week we had our annual clan championships, you will begin to see photos appearing in this Sway. Thank you to those families who could join us and to the champions who organised this experience.

Calderwood Compliments:

• This week we celebrated the contribution Miss Miller has made to Calderwood through a special connects, where each clan shared their memories of her, songs and memory cards. There is definitely something special about starting a school & nursery together and I would personally like to thank Miss Miller for all her help and support on our Calderwood journey, it’s been quite the experience together! Especially her leadership of our nursery and Primary 1, creativity within our curriculum and focus on Health & Wellbeing. I would like to wish Miss Miller lots of luck in her new adventure! Her caring, nurturing personality and friendship will be greatly missed at Calderwood.  Miss Burton

• A message from Miss Miller: What an emotional farewell this week. I have loved celebrating with our wonderful children, champions and families. I would like to thank everyone for their kind words, gifts and support. I am proud to have been part of the Calderwood journey, starting the school from the ground up has been an amazing experience. Building special relationships with children, families and champions has been my favourite part. Your children are a credit to you all, I am privileged to have worked with every one of them. I will treasure the memories and miss everyone dearly. I wish everyone at Calderwood the best for the future as you continue to grow and develop!