Bellsquarry Primary School

Primary 5

Yesterday we had an amazing day at Five Sisters Zoo. There was so much for us to see and do.  The weather was an added bonus too! We started our trip around the zoo by going to see the lions, as we had been told to go and see them in the morning as they would be awake! However when we got around to their enclosure they were fast asleep! When we went back in the afternoon they had moved….but were still fast asleep. The lions story really touched us and we are delighted that they are safe in their new home.

A highlight of the day was the handling session. We got to handle animals that we had never seen before like a tenrec, which looks like a hedgehog but is actually more related to an elephant!!

Here are some of our thoughts about the day:

“I liked getting to hold the different animals” – Taylor

“It was amazing to discover new animals that I didn’t know about” – Rebecca

“The meerkats were cute and fast. I named the baby one, ‘Usain Bolt'” – Charlotte

“I liked seeing Jupiter the reindeer because we were so close to him” – Emma

“The best trip ever!!” – Ruby

“My favourite part was seeing the lions.  I liked the wolves too!” – Leah

“I liked feeling the different animals. The snake was the best because it was so smooth” – Ben

“Playing tig in the park was fun!” – Maryam

“The Lost Kingdom was amazing.  I liked seeing all the animals, especially the alligators and crocodiles” – Aidan

“Holding the leopard gecko was fun” – Holly

“I enjoyed it when Aliya dropped her hat into the meerkat enclosure and they were very interested in it!” – Lois

“It was the best day we’ve had in Primary 5!” – Ellie

By Primary 5