P4/3 Smoothie challenge

P4/3 were given the challenge of creating their own smoothie. Sounds fun right? It’s never that straight forward with us ;-). We had set criteria

1. It must contain at least 2 of the 5 food groups,
  2. It must cost less than £2.00 to make,
  3. It should be as healthy as possible – each food item was given a points value based on its nutritional value,
  4. It must be written in recipe form.

We made a plan on how to best attack this problem by breaking it down into manageable chunks. We also identified the skills required.

Sam – I’m going to have kiwi and grapes because they’re 10p. I’ll add fromage frais for my second food group then it means I can add lots more fruit to make it healthy.

Ben – We’ve made it really healthy. We used all fruit and spent £2.00. (5 minutes later) – We took away 1 pineapple so we could add milk.

Brendan/Scot – Honey as it’s sweet, sugary, better than chocolate sauce – it’s healthier. Banana is cheap and delicious.

Aaron – I’ll add milk and honey. Milk is good for you and honey is healthy because it is made by bees.

One thought on “P4/3 Smoothie challenge”

1. Wow what a great way to learn P4 – how to budget your money/how to choose healthy food AND getting to taste the smoothies!!