Support with destination planning for pupils considering applying to University, College, Job or Apprenticeships
- in the theatre at 7pm – Click here to play the presentation and access the links/video clips
- some of our pupils shared their experience and advice during the presentation:
- Matthew shared his experience/advice regarding conducting research – he reminded everyone to do research….speak to people…..then do more research.
- Sophie described her work experience story and encouraged others to seek a variety of work placements. She explained how a work placement can help pupils decide whether a career path is OR is not suitable for them as well as allowing development of skills.
- Kirsty shared her experience of volunteering in a local organisation and and described the benefits – eg developing her skills, raising awareness of local needs as well as being an excellent addition to a personal statement/CV/etc.
- Emily described her positive experience of attending a University Open Day – where she was able to speak to staff from faculties re specific courses, attend lectures/talks, have a tour of the facilities, find out about sports facilities/societies/extra electives/etc.