Benefits of work experience:
- find out about jobs or industries – help you decide future career/study choices that interest you or elimate careers which no longer interest you
- improve your understanding of the workplace environment and what employers expect of you.
- develop your skills (eg communication, teamwork and punctuality).
- gain referees who you can ask to provide references for future job or study applications.
- gain a network of contacts for future study and career advice.
How to find Word experience:
- start by identifying a career/job which you are interested in and you want to find out more about
- use your network – ask family, friends, neighbours, etc
- research local companies/employers – consider travel/transport
- see Mrs Patrick or Mrs McNeillis
Work Experience arrangements at Balfron High School:
S4 pupils all complete 1 week of work experience in September- they are all supported throught this process by their form class leader.
Senior pupils arranging work experience must see Mrs Patrick for information regarding paperwork required.