mardi le vingt-trois juin

The thought for Tuesday is this….

See the source image

This is a great thought for today, because it is World Olympic Day!! Just think of all the athletes in all disciplines trying out a new activity when they were young, not knowing how expert they would become! This is what I say to you, isn’t it? How do you know whether you can do something unless you try??

See the source image

It is very important that the day is celebrated this year because the Olympic Games which should have taken place in Tokyo, Japan have been postponed until 2021 due to the Coronavirus.

Here are a couple of videos to introduce you to some of the history behind the Olympic Games.

Date and I can answer questions about the Olympic Games

Use the information in the text and from the links to answer the questions clearly and in detail.

3. Traffic light  and comment on your comprehension skills. Have you checked for meaning, sentence structure and punctuation?

4. I have assigned a few books on your Epic site linked to the Olympics for you to look at.

1. Start off with 10 minutes on Sumdog.
  2.  The focus today is place value linked to times.

As you can see from the chart, the times are given to the place value tenths (of a second). Yohan Blake’s time is 10 whole seconds and 2 tenths of a second which is written as 10.2 seconds.

Use the information to put the runner’s times into the correct order and then answer questions about the information.

Date and I can use place value to order times correctly.

3. Traffic light 🚦 and comment on your confidence using decimal numbers.

Extra

There are some great interactive and practical activities on this site e.g. designing your own sports equipment and creating a torch relay, but there are also loads of other ideas.

https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity

I hope that you have enjoyed your learning linked to World Olympic Day and hopefully we will celebrate the Olympics taking place in Tokyo next year.

See the source image

Until tomorrow ………

See the source image