lundi le trente mars

Welcome back to another week and “Let’s get ready to rumble!”

First of all, we are all going to have the same spelling words today, they are the key words in a list on the page. These words are important because of the plurals ( more than one). Write out the words in joined handwriting 3 times.

I can identify different letter patterns.

Follow the instructions for sections A, B and C and Extra.

For the Extension section, follow the rules and examples shown to you (don’t just guess ) to make the words plural and as I have been saying recently, there are no apostrophes in sight 😂!

I can write the plurals of words ending in s and ss correctly.

Can you think of any other words with these endings? You could have a competition with your friends online to see who can find the most interesting words!

You can still practise your own word walls – column 2 and there are Sumdog challenges for Spelling, Reading and Maths this week.

Well done to everyone who has been practising their skills on Sumdog, I am seeing some progress in your levels, so please keep up your hard work!

Number – I can practise different mental maths skills

Let’s get back to revising place value. In this activity you will partition the numbers to show the correct amount of digits in each column. I have completed the first one for you as a reminder.

I can partition 4 digit numbers

I hope that you are feeling mathsfit, because we have been challenged by Primary 4 and Mrs Maher to a Sumdog maths competition! Of course we will accept the challenge because we have some amazing mathematicians and I reckon that we can beat them easily!

The competition started  from 9am  today and lasts until 3pm on Friday, and will focus on your place value knowledge. Come on everybody  – we need as many as possible to join in with this competition. Call friends in through social media if you need to!!!

As a finishing activity try

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/place-value/place-value-charts

where you make up different numbers.

Happy Learning everyone!