mercredi le vingt-cinq mars

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Please use your spelling words to  warm up using one of the activities in your own homework poly pocket  e.g. rainbow spelling, backwards words, missing out the vowels, etc.

Today our literacy lesson will focus on comprehension skills. We have been writing in quanswers so that all of our answers make sense and we know what is being referred to. Please write full, clear answers in your jotter. Please read the following story.

Now, write I can answer different types of comprehension questions  in your jotter, and answer the following questions to demonstrate your understanding of the text.

Hope that you are enjoying your mental maths quizzes! Here is the third one and as you can see I have given you some handy hints! Write your title, I can use different mental maths skills and write the answers neatly in your jotter/ you could always work with someone and tell them the answers and they could write your score in the jotter.

Now that your number brain is ready, let’s have a revision of subtraction with no exchange.

I can subtract 4 digits from 4 digits with no exchange.

Remember to check that the answer is less than the number on the top line! Traffic light all your tasks and talk to someone about how you are enjoying your home learning. You can “ hot seat” to explain your learning to someone else.

Here is a link to MathsFrame addition and subtraction games site.

https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/category/9/addition-and-subtraction

Make sure that you are staying safe by washing your hands, coughing and sneezing into a tissue or elbow, eating healthily and exercising if you can.

Please let me know how you are getting on by leaving any comments if you wish to.   Thinking about you all. 😊