jeudi le 21 mai

Good Morning, Everyone

Can you believe that another week has gone by already? Remember that this is our holiday weekend so today is the last day of home learning until Tuesday 26th May.

NUMERACY

Starter:

Since it is our last day of school this week, you can select the times tables game you’ve enjoyed the most from the week. If you can, why don’t you send me an email (FionaPollock@woodlands.n-lanark.sch.uk) and let me know your favourite game? Or just comment here on this blog- that way other children in the class can see your favourite game too.

Activities:

Miss Park and I have created a Competition for P6 and P6/7. The competition begins at 10am and ends at 4pm tonight. It is based on the work you’ve been doing either in class or at home. There are 10 places on the leader board. How many names will there be on the Leader Board from P6 and how many names will there be from P6/7?   If your name appears on the Leader Board you’ll be rewarded with coins or if you spend at least 20 minutes on Sumdog, you’ll also be rewarded with coins. Don’t forget, it is also the last day of the North Lanarkshire Contest. Good Luck everyone!

LITERACY

Starter:

What was your act of kindness yesterday?

What are you going to do today?

Activity:

Today, you have a choice for writing:

I can write a recount.

OR

I can create a narrative story about kindness.

You can either write a recount of the acts of kindness you have done this week. Remember to include detail of who, when, where, what, why and how.

OR

You can write a story about kindness, remember to give detail, description and try to use figurative language (similes, metaphors, onomatopoeia, alliteration and personification).

Plenary:

Share your recount or story with someone at home or a friend over the phone or you can share it with me: FionaPollock@woodlands.n-lanark.sch.uk

Have a super break and keep safe!

Mrs P