INSPIRING YOUNG WOMEN

Braidhurst High School was recently selected to be part of the Inspiring Young Women conference, the brainchild of Presiding Officer, Tricia Marwick MSP.   This event was aimed at boosting the self-confidence of young women across Scotland.   Four of our talented S5 pupils were selected as candidates to represent the school at this prestigious country wide event.   The girls took part in a range of workshops and discussions with inspirational women, ranging from the leader of Scottish Conservatives, Ruth Davidson to Amal Azzudin, one of the Glasgow Girls who fought the Home Office to have her friend’s deportation overturned.   The girls involved were all in awe of the speakers and their achievements, Rebeca McLaren said, “The politicians were so passionate, everything that they said was from the heart.   This empowered me because hearing that these successful women had had self-doubt at some stage made me feel less conscious about my own doubts.   I know that I too can be successful in my life”.   This was echoed by Caitlin Watson, “Hearing women speak about their achievements and experiences made me think about things in a different way.   I can now see that there are positives around me and I can build upon these.   I know that I have to believe in myself”.

Scottish Parliament