SIGNING

Yet another recent Motherwell FC pro-youth signing has decided to join the school to gain benefit from the Scottish FA Performance School of Football scheme.   Jack Brown recently signed for the club having previously played for Drumsaguard Boys Club.   Jack comes from Ruchazie in Glasgow and is a 12 year old central defender.   He first took an interest in football whilst in primary 5 at St Rose of Lima Primary School.   His father recognised how much Jack enjoyed the sport and looked for a team to allow him to develop further.   He joined Drumsaguard Boys Club and played for 3 years before being asked to trail for Motherwell where he quickly impressed.   Jack joined his local high school, St Andrews Secondary, but has now transferred to Braidhurst High under the Scottish FA scheme.   Jack said, “I enjoyed a few weeks training sessions and was lucky enough to be asked to play a match with Motherwell.   After the match, Head of Children at Motherwell, Paul Burns asked if I would like to sign a contract and I was delighted to accept.   I have really been enjoying my time at Motherwell and was then given the opportunity to come to Braidhurst High and continued my development through the Scottish FA scheme where we train each day.   Since moving to Braidhurst High, I have really enjoyed my new school”.   The Director of Youth at Motherwell FC said, “The club is delighted to have signed another talented young player.   He has a real physical presence, determination to succeed and is very skilful for a young defender.   The Scottish FA scheme based at the school, along with his Motherwell training in the evenings give Jack the opportunity to develop into a top player”.   The Rector Mr Derrick Hannan stated, “Jack has settled in really quickly and we received a glowing report from his former school.   I think the club has done really well to have signed this player”.