MENINGITIS TRUST

Pictured in the photograph from left are : Mr Hannan (Rector of Braidhurst High School), Mrs McKay ( Teacher of RME and Head of the charity Committee), Joanna Stevenson (representing Meningitis Trust) and myself, Oliver Meggitt, Presenting a cheque for seven hundred and fifty pounds to Meningitis Trust. (These were funds raised by the whole school as part of our annual sponsor fun run)

Over the past few weeks, I have been giving a presentation to all year groups and various staff members in pursuit of raising awareness of this lethal disease. Meningitis Trust is a charity very close to my heart because as a young child I was diagnosed with Meningococcal Septicaemia and I was very ill but I was lucky that I not only survived Meningitis, I still have all my major limbs.

Braidhurst High School’s support and my support to Meningitis Trust is just taking off, in partnership we aim to make a difference, to the lives of those affected by this dreadful disease and keep the memory alive of those who have unfortunately passed away.

Meningitis Trust offers help, support and advice to families and sufferers of meningitis. My aim is to not just help raise funds for the Trust to allow them to continue their vital work they do each day, but to help support other families who are going through tough times as their friend or family member battle with this infectious disease.

Written by

Oliver Meggitt