The school operates a vertical guidance system. This means that each guidance teacher is responsible for the pupils in one house (normally two classes in each year group) and follows these pupils through their school career. Children in the same family are placed with the same guidance teacher – so if you have an older child in 2A or 3A, his/her younger brother or sister will be placed in 1A. You will therefore only need to get to know one guidance teacher, who in turn will come to know the whole family.
- Mr McCole – St Andrew’s
- Mrs Kupsch – St Bernadette’s
- Miss Magee – St Catherine’s
- Mr Murray – St David’s
The responsibilities of the guidance team are:
- to help new pupils settle into the school
- to check the progress, attendance, timekeeping and conduct of pupils and to keep parents informed of these
- to guide pupils in their choice of subjects from third year onwards
- to provide pupils with advice on careers and on courses for further and higher education
- to arrange a programme of visits, films and lectures which help prepare our pupils for adult life
If you wish to speak directly to a guidance teacher then please phone the school on 01475 715300.
Should the guidance teacher be involved with a class, the administration staff will record your call and ask the guidance teacher to contact you.