Technical Education Department Staff
Ms Morgan (Principal Teacher STEM with Technical Education)
Technician: Mr Sterkenburg
Broad General Education (BGE)
In the BGE we aim to provide students with a wide range of learning experiences, building skills and gaining knowledge in the following areas:
- Craft, Design, Engineering and Graphics
- Digital Literacy
Students will spend the following time in the D&T department:
- S1 – 1 period per week for one term followed by two periods a week in the other term
- S2 – 1 period per week for one term followed by two periods a week in the other term
S3– Personalisation and Choice
In S3 students begin to make some choices. At this stage we offer two options to students.
Design and Manufacture
Through the course offered pupils will develop the skills and knowledge needed to progress in to the following certified courses: N4/5 Design and Manufacture and/or Practical Woodworking.
Through this course the students will have the opportunity to experience working with the software used by industry in Desk Top Publishing and 3D Modelling. The pupils will work on developing all skills and knowledge needed to smoothly transition to National 4/5 Graphic Communication.
More information can be seen at the following Education Scotland link
Senior Phase Classes (SP)
We offer three national qualification courses: click on each course name below to find out more information about each course.
- Design & Manufacture (National 4, 5 and Higher)
- Graphic Communication (National 4, 5 and Higher)
- Practical Woodworking (National 4 and 5)