We are SO lucky to have one of the most wonderful learning environments! Our beautiful school grounds provide the perfect stimulus for exciting, engaging learning that embraces nature.
Our school grounds consist of our school playground, outdoor nursery and nursery garden, MUGA (Multi Use Games Area), the Let’s Grow and Cook poly tunnel and allotment area, a vast grass area where we have access to Duchal woods. Not forgetting our very special KPS Fairy garden!!!
Some of the benefits from taking learning outside are:
- connections are made experientially with the real world outside the classroom, helping to develop skills, knowledge and understanding in a meaningful context
- outdoor environments and surroundings act as a rich stimulus for creative thinking and learning. this affords opportunities for challenge, enquiry, critical thinking and reflection
- children and young people are able to understand the relevance of a subject taught in school to everyday life
- the multi-sensory experience outdoors helps children and young people to retain knowledge more effectively. there are opportunities for pupils to learn with their whole bodies on a large scale
- learning in a less structured environment can provide a different learning experience from that of the classroom
Further information on Outdoor Learning can be found at the following link