KPS is a Rights Respecting School (Silver Award)
Our specific Nursery aims are as follows:
• Working within the 3-5 Curriculum Framework and A Curriculum for Excellence , we aim to provide a broad range of learning experiences enabling all children to become successful learners, confident individuals , responsible citizens and effective contributors.
• To view learning and teaching across curriculum subjects and areas as inter-connected and integrated.
Learning Through Play
• To develop learning in natural and real contexts, familiar to children and appropriate to their interests and stages of development.
This reflects our understanding that young children’s learning is most effectively supported through interaction with adults and other children and through play and active exploration of their environment.
Development and Progress
• To provide enriching and stimulating experiences that adults working with children are able to understand, appreciate and assess children’s achievements and learning.
Provision of Early Education
• To promote equality of opportunity and treat all children , parents and staff with respect .
Support for Children and Families
• To provide support and care for children and their families, and make every effort to identify where support may be needed at the earliest possible stage and to access this
• To encourage parents to be fully involved in the life of our nursery class and in their children’s learning.
• To develop an open, welcoming, caring nursery in which all children feel nurtured, safe, active, healthy, achieving , included , respected and responsible
• To make the best use of the building, natural environment and learning resources to support every children’s development.
• To ensure smooth and effective transitions for all children with continuity and progression across the curriculum
• To ensure support is in place for children with additional support needs in primary school
Management, Leadership and Quality Assurance
• To fully involve staff in the self-evaluation process and in Improvement Planning to improve the educational experience for all learners.
• To further develop and update our comprehensive range of policies and procedures which reflect current legislation standards .
• To build on continuous professional development to ensure we are offering high quality learning experiences for all our children.