Our ICT Journey

Journey through the ICT department – Amy Sinclair

When it came to pick my options in S3, the only ICT subject I picked was Admin because I loved the structure of doing the assignments as I felt productive after every lesson. This then went on to me picking Admin for both Nat 5 and Higher. Throughout these years of doing Admin, I have learnt so many skills that are so important to me. The main skill would be time keeping, as before I used to do tasks slowly and take my time to be accurate, but with the help of teachers I now feel confident to do the tasks in a quick manner, yet still get good marks. I also developed the skill of becoming more confident in my work as I would mark my own which would let me see exactly where my mistakes were as I had the time to thoroughly mark all my assignments. These skills are so important as in the exam/assignment I recognised where I had went wrong in previous assignments so I was able to avoid falling into the SQAs traps, but I could also do this quickly which meant I could get them done on time which is a key skill for assessments. These skills have helped in my other subjects as I know how to nit-pick my work thoroughly and I am always keeping an eye on my time management which means I always have a full attempt at all my tests. Overall Admin has helped me for my future as I feel so confident with ICT materials so as the world changes and more and more jobs become computerised, I feel as if I already have an advantage.