Alison Rutherford

P6/7’s final visitor this week was Alison Cockburn, (Formally known as Alison Rutherford before her marriage) Edinburgh poet and socialite. We were lucky enough to have an ACTUAL visit from Alison. She told us about her friendship with Robbie Burns, her parties in her Edinburgh town house, and her love for the English language. With Alison, we wrote an acrostic poem. We read her version of ‘Flowers of the Forest’, and created our own ‘Flower Acrostic’. Mr Cook was unfortunately at the dentist, so missed her visit…

Our poems are below, click on each image to enlarge:

Flowers acrostic- MM
Flowers acrostic- AP
Flowers acrostic- JC

We’ll be releasing the video of Alison ‘performing’ these poems on Monday!
Have a great weekend, on behalf of Alison,
Mr.Cook

5 thoughts on “Alison Rutherford”

1. I have been to the I.C.T. Vs Aberdeen we won!!! 3-0 yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

AMY.B. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ 😐 😐 😐 πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

2. P.s. We were in the newspaper today how cool???

Amy.B. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ 😐 😐 😐 πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

3. I loved having Alison and that she will visit again sometime. Hope you all enjoyed having her as well!!! I also think that all the poems are great!

Oh yeah Mr.Cook I only have 1 costume and it is for Tidal Wave.

See you all tomorrow!!!

Amy.B. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ :] :] :] 😐 😐 😐 :* :* :*

4. There are some great poets in P6/P7! I hope you had a great lesson with your visitor and asked lots of questions about poetry and writing acrostic poems. I also hope you offered her a cup of tea as she must have travelled far to come all the way from the 18th century!

Miss Shimmield