Time to make a choice…

REMEMBER: PE KIT for tomorrow

This afternoon we took part in ‘Choices for Life’. This was an interactive event which P6/7 classes took part in across Scotland.

We learned about three important themes:
– Peer pressure
– Smoking
– Alcohol

The Choices for Life website is FANTASTIC! Visit it on:
http://choicesforlifeonline.org/

YOUR TASK FOR TOMORROW: THURSDAY 8th NOVEMBER
Comment on this blog post telling us what message YOU learned from ‘Choices for Life’ today.

See you tomorrow,
Mr.Cook, Mrs.MacLeod and Mrs.Prentice

58 thoughts on “Time to make a choice…”

1. I think the message was : Always follow on what you want in life because if you start smoking your dreams will go step by step. Amy M

2. The message is to always choose the right path and turn down every opportunity to smoke, take drugs or to drink alcohol and don’t give up on your dreams.

3. IT TAGHT ME THAT WHEN YOUR OLDER CHOOSE THE RIGHT PATH AND DO NOT SMOKE,TAKE DRUGS OR DO ANYTHING BAD LIKE THAT.

4. remember to chose the right path and even if your friends start smoking and taking drugs it’s so wrong,so if i were you i wouldn’t do so.

5. IT TOLD ME NEVER TO SMOKE DRINK OR TAKE DRUGS AND ALL THE OTHER DIFFERENT THINGS & MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES IN LIFE AND SAY NO!!! SEE YOUS ALL TOMMORROW!!!

6. The message I learnt was that as you get older some of your friends may take wrong paths but it doesn’t mean that you should follow them.

7. Never ever ever ever smoke or take drugs because it is really
    bad for you and nobody will want to go near you because you will smell of tobacco and drugs.

8. I learnt how many chemicals are in a cigaret and how bad it is to smoke. I already knew how bad it is to smoke but after watching choises for life I knew that smoking isn’t bad it’s serious!!!

9. The message is not to smoke,take drugs or drink alcohol even if your friends are doing it.

IT’S NOT COOL !!!

10. I think what it is trying to tell you is do not smoke,drink or take drugs as they can all kill you.

11. I think the message is not to smoke no matter how much your friends pressurise you because cigarettes have 4000 different chemicals in them.Also don’t drink because it could leave you in a right state and you would look embarrassing.

12. I learned what is in cigarettes and think the message is to take the right path in life and if you do smoke then i would encourage you to stop because disgusting chemicals can get inside your body even causing you to die.

13. I learnt that there was loads of chemicals in cigarets that will ruin ur lungs and it is a waste of money and can ruin ur life

14. I think the message is don’t smoke,take drugs or drink alcohol because you might do stuff like walking into someone else’s house and going to sleep there

15. I thing that the message is to not to take any sort of drug and not to smoke, even if your friends purswade you to!!!

16. never ever take drugs or alcahol because alcahol can embarass you when you’re drunk and drugs slowly kill you and make you really weak.

17. I think the message is in life you have to take the right path.
    If your friends force you to smoke,take drugs and drink quite a lot just walk away and say NO!! Xxx

18. Some people need drugs and ciggrettes very badly and they feel like something very bad will happen so they need them to survive. If we make smoking illegal then people will buy then off criminals and if we make them more expensive then people will stop feeding themselfs and steal money to afford them. To stop smoking we have to make sure younger people don’t begin then when they are older, our country MIGHT be smoke-free

19. I think the message is not to smoke or drink. If you take one ciggrette then you become addicted and make your freinds do it. They then take one and become addicted. Before you take a ciggrette remeber the ingredients like rat poison and what will happen to your lungs and also remeber that it isn’t only YOUR lungs who you are poisoning, you are poisoning everybody around you.

20. I learned that you should not take drugs and if someone offers it to you just say No.
    Don’t hang out with the wrong crowd.

21. What i learend was to not smoke its not cool even if your freinds are doin it and Not to give into peir pressure.

22. I thought the message was to not smoke as it can damage your lungs very badly and also don’t take drugs or drink too much. :#

23. don’t smoke it’s bad for lungs and don’t take drugs yon can drink achool but not if your are under the age limit and be secnsble with achool!

24. I think the message is that if your friends force you to : drink,smoke,take drugs just do what you want to do but make sure you do the right thing dont just drink or smoke or take drugs just because its cool you make your own chocices but if you take the wrong path you could die Betsy.

25. Although I all already knew that drugs and alcohol have a bad effect on our bodies, hearing how many horrible chemicals there are inside cigarettes has made them even more unappealing. I think it will be a very effective programme to stop people making the wrong choices.

26. We think the message is that you should not take drugs or smoke even if your friends are forcing you to. And to watch how much you drink. Xx

27. I learned what was actually in some cigarettes and that it can damage your body and that you can sometimes die from Alcohol and I would hate to be drunk because it can look very embarrassing and is dangerous.

28. The story line is telling you to not smoke because you can get really badly hurt like you could get lung cancer and telling you to say no to drugs as well if you get told to take drugs please say no and not to drink to many drinks because you can do stuff that you don’t want to do like you could walk in the middle of the road and almost get run over or you could die and also if you are drunk you can curl up in a ball any where even in the middle of the road or on the pavement thinking that it is your home and you are in bed but your not you could die with being cold as well

please keep save when you grow up and try and make the right choices.

Kirsty

29. I think the message is that don’t do what your frinds are doing just because it’s cool and don’t hang about with the wrong croud.

30. The message is to choose the right path in life and if someone tells you to try smoking just walk away.

31. the message i learned today was you can say NO if you feel like something bad is going to happen in the future if you do it.